Jolly Knitting is where you knit toys and other items that are used. These jolly knit kind of toys can be easily found in Etsy shops. And you can also knit these kinds of toys by yourself. All you have to have is a basic understanding of knitting. You should also have some materials that are needed for knitting.
Below are the steps where you can jolly knit yourself
- Always it is better to know what are the materials you are going to use and gather them. If you are a first-time knotter then it is good to use a thick needle. And also, it is better to use bulky yarn if you are a first-time knitter. This thick needle and bulk yarn will make the knitting process even faster when you are a first-time knitter. If you are jolly knitting then it is necessary than you to switch between different types of yarn. So you should know where to stop knitting and how to continue from there. Also, have 200 yards of yarn. Also, note that the thick needles will create loose stitch and thinner needles create a tighter stitch.
- It is good that you get comfortable before starting your knitting process. This might take hours of your time. So, it is good to find a cosy and comfortable chair that will make you sit at ease and start your knitting process.
- First, you will have to cast around ten to forty stitches. The first stitch should be the first colour of the yarn that you are using to knit. It all depends on the size and shape you want and the desired outcome you have in your mind.
Note that, if you are a beginner then it is ok to knit a relatively small toy or scary or anything from the thread. Since you are a beginner it is quite impossible for you to knit for a soloing time and a complicated stitch. So always choose easy and efficient stitching to start off with.
And also, the size of the scarf, the weight of the yarn, and the size of the needle are all interconnected to the time of completion of the product. Suppose you used 8-10 sized needle it will almost take 40-50 yarn so it will decide the time of how you are completing the stitching.
- You should knit continuously for 12 rows for the first colour. Remember that if you do not want to switch between the colours then it is totally fine. So you have to choose the colour you are going to use to knit. So once you have completed the 12 arrows of stitch then you can move on to the other colour. Also, remember that you no need to stitch with the other colour right away. You can stitch it whenever you want to.
- The point to be noted here is that you should co, complete an entire row before knitting. You can complete the row and leave and come back and continue. But you cannot leave in the middle of a row.